Discussion Forums
Windows 7 - Disable Aero Peek
Last Post 10 Nov 2016 08:59 AM by futglory. 1 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages Resolved
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
29 Oct 2012 10:02 PM
    This isn't really a Screen Monkey configuration tip, but it does affect the way things operate on your computer. Thus, your Screen Monkey show!

One of the more troubling things I have experienced was when I was in the middle of a show and the mouse would drift down to the Windows Taskbar and hover above a minimized application. Without changes, when this happens in Windows 7 (possibly also in Vista) the "Aero Peek" function (of the Windows Aero display technology) would launch into action and both screens would suddenly flash to white as everything minimized to "peek" at the desktop.

I thought I'd faint the first time this happened to a live show!

So I began a quest to determine how to prevent this from happening. (Short of being ever vigilant that I never moved the mouse over the taskbar).

The web page linked below has information on how to disable this setting in Windows 7. (And possibly Vista-I might assume Windows 8 will also have this feature enabled by default)

Click here to view the page

I have to admit that I struggled a bit with getting the changes to actually "take" and function as desired. But once I managed to coax them to stick, I no longer have to worry about the unwanted inadvertent disappearing of my running Screen Monkey show!

And in the event the page I linked to performs a disappearing act over time or simply doesn't work (sometimes web pages do that) just use Google search with the terms: "Disable Aero Peek" to find other pages outlining the steps.

--
    10 Nov 2016 08:59 AM
    http://www.futglory.com/ Round the entertainment, you may make metallic cash in a variety of numerous techniques to obtain very easily use within the game’s Essential Organization design. Each one of these may come additional piece by piece as soon as, nevertheless you will find undoubtedly a number of options is going to be faster when compared along with a few, therefore we are additionally right here to ensure a person the extra.http://www.fifaeasy.co/
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Copyright 2017 by Oliver Waits